Committers come from Reviewers, and are recognized by Maintainers and SIG Tech Leads for their outstanding contributions to the specific SIG.
Committer is scoped to the specific SIG where the promotion applies. See
membership.md under the specific SIG for a list of Committers of the SIG.
How to become a Committer
A Committer must have accomplished one or more of the following items:
- Demonstrated a good sense of responsibility in PR reviews within the SIG. The review contributions must meet the amount or the difficulty criteria as defined in the charter of the specific SIG.
Demonstrated deep understanding of the TiDB components specific to the SIG by contributing significantly as:
- Finished 2 or more tasks of Medium difficulty
- Fixed 1 or more tasks of Hard difficulty
- Nominated by the Tech Leads of the SIG and gained supermajority (2/3) votes from Maintainers
Privileges and responsibilities
- Control overall code quality of projects under the SIG
- Guide Contributors and Reviewers to contribute to the SIG continuously
- Participate in Committer meetings regularly and have knowledge priority regarding project development
- Participate in design discussions
- Get the profile listed on the membership page of the corresponding SIG